Just As I Am


The other day, I was outside with my 16-month old granddaughter Swayze and our neighbor’s daughter (8 years old) came skipping over to play with us.   She immediately got down on Swayze’s level  and smiled at her. She said, “You know who you look like? You! You look just like YOU!”  Swazye giggled in agreement and threw the ball to her.   






Their innocent exchange made me think about how many years I wasted trying to be something I’m not, to earn the favor of others, to be accepted by certain groups, to look a certain way---when really all God ever wants me to be is ME.  Just me.  That’s it. He is absolutely in love with me just being me-- looking uniquely like me, acting uniquely like me, and loving others uniquely as He directs. I don’t have to be funnier, nicer, smarter, thinner. As long as my heart is reflecting His own, that's all I need to be.  
He is perfectly content to get down on my level as often I as I need to hear it, sweetly look into my eyes, and gently say, “Just as you are, come unto me. You look just like YOU.”   


 ~~~~

“Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! It is amazing to think about. Your workmanship is marvelous—and how well I know it.Psalm 139:14 

©2014-2016 Coffee, Cobwebs, and Curriculum. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. www.coffeecobwebsandcurriculum.blogspot.com Follow me on Facebook or Twitter! Links can be found in the right sidebar on this blog!

Comments

  1. Love this, and thank you for the 'minder! It's soooo hard to remember this, many days, especially growing up with neglect and abuse. We tend to turn it inward, onto ourselves. I thank God for all we did not have growing up, as well as the troubles. Without that, I doubt I'd be able to appreciate all that I DO have, and one of those 'haves' are my sisters. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I am greatly encouraged by your comments! Please engage!